Monday, October 3, 2011

Southern California coast post Route 66 ride

Two days before I fly home to Georgia so I decided to see some of Southern California and remember the days when we lived in Irvine, Ca.
First morning after riding the route, Mike and I need a donut so we ventured out in his 1946 Ford Woody.

Great to see old friends. Bob met me for lunch in Brea, Ca.


The corner we lived on when Jennifer was born. 5 Red Rock.

Our Irvine home at 5 Red Rock.  Still looks pretty good.

A must stop on memory lane.  I love Laguna Beach, Ca.

The Balboa Island Ferry is still running.

The marine layer of fog hung around all day at Balboa Bay.

The day ended with a great meal at Rodsater's home in Long Beach.

Riding up the coast today to Santa Barbara for my last day of the Route 66 adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment